Monday 7 December 2015

LEGO 41062 Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle Minidolls/Minifigures & Olaf Review

(please do not re-use my photo without permission)



Please check out the YouTube video if you would like to see the back and side views of the minidolls and olaf! 



ELSA is the star of the movie, and obviously the main character of this LEGO set since the set is all about her castle. As much as I love that LEGO decided to introduce Frozen sets, Im not a 100% pleased with the design of the Elsa mini doll. The biggest flaw of the elsa mini doll, and possibly the biggest flaw of the set, is that her hair color simply isn't accurate to the movie. It's too yellow than it ought to be. Despite that, I must admit that LEGO did an excellent job in replicating her hairstyle in lego form. Hairpiece aside, I do like the simplified design of her dress and the sparkly cape is a nice finishing touch to her overall look. 

ANNA is probably my favorite mini doll from the LEGO princess line/theme, alongside Princess Jasmine, simply because both of them mini dolls are the most accurate to their actual look. Just look at the hair piece, the freckles on her cheeks and her magenta cape and dress, everything is accurate to her character in the movie! Kudos to LEGO for doing such a great job. This is definetely a hands-down 10 out of 10! Ps. Contrary to Elsa, my favorite thing about the Anna mini doll is her hair piece. 

OLAF
Personally, I am pretty disappointed with how Olaf turned out. Sure, he does look cute in LEGO form. But.. it just quite isn't the same as how he looks in the movie. For one, his mouth in the LEGO version is just kinda weird. I like that LEGO did capture his signature bucktooth.. but what's up with leaving the insides of the mouth white? it just looks odd to me. Also, I don't like how his body turned out. Having a big black stud as a button against a rectangular 1x1 modified brick as body just doesn't do justice to his real look in the movie. They could have printed the 3 buttons onto the LEGO elements instead. I think that might have turned out better than his current look. Overall, Im just not so sure if I like Olaf in LEGO form or not… Let me know what you think about Olaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment